Thursday, November 22, 2012

Back to the Kitchen with a Bread Pudding Recipe

I haven't been back her in quite some time. Now with the wedding done, I'm coming back with a new twist. I LOVE TO COOK AND BAKE. So I want to show you what I'm cooking.


Starting with my current addiction. Bread pudding was rediscover when we went to celebrate my husbands birthday at the Mandarin. I have been wanting to make some ever since.


                                        <3 BREAD PUDDING <3



Ingredients


 6 slices of day old bread
2 tbsp melted butter (margarine works for me)
1/2 cups of whatever you choose to put in ( I have made it plain, with choc/mint chips, and apple pieces)
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk ( I also used carnation canned evaporated milk the last time. It works but I would suggest 2 1/2 cups if using that)
3/4 cup white sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract



Directions

<3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
<3 Break bread into small pieces, and place in a 8 inch baking pan. Pour  melted butter/margarine over and mix well. Sprinkle you optional topping choice on.
<3 In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk (or substitute) white sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together. Pour it all over the bread, and push the bread down so it will soak up all the deliciousness.
<3 Bake in the preheated oven for up to 45 mins ( I only need it in for about 30 to 35 mins).


<3 It's done when you press it and it springs back<3

Mmmmmm mmmmmm GOOOD :D

No comments:

Post a Comment